What is vibration?
The official definition - vi·bra·tion
1 an instance of vibrating."powerful vibrations from an earthquake"
2 tremor, shaking, quivering, quaking, shuddering, throb, throbbing, pulsation;
3 Physics - an oscillation of the parts of a fluid or an elastic solid whose equilibrium has been disturbed,
or of an electromagnetic wave.
Informal - a person's emotional state, the atmosphere of a place, or the associations of an object, as communicated to and felt by others.
Everything in the universe, everything we see, hear, touch or feel is energy vibrating at different frequencies. Sound waves are the most familiar form of vibrations people think about. Light is another form of vibration or oscillating energy. Albert Einstein talked about the fact that the physical body is made up of biochemical molecules that are actually a form of vibrating energy. Every thought or feeling we have, has a vibration and can be measured.
The word ‘Vibration’ is sometimes used as a method to describe a persons overall state of wellbeing or energetic state. Vibrations operate at high and low frequencies and everywhere on the spectrum. When we feel good, happy, excited, filled with love, have positive emotions, we are oscillating faster and have higher vibes. When we feel down, depressed, fearful, angry or have any negative emotions, we are oscillating slower and have a lower vibration.
We can feel the “Vibes” of other people also. Have you ever walked into a party and the room was just rocking. That’s the good, positive vibes you are feeling. Same as when you walk into a room and the air is heavy, negative, something is not right. You are feeling the lower vibrations of the collective or group of people in the room.
We are living in a low vibrating world right now. Sometimes life is hard. Society seems to be turning on itself. The media is making things worse by feeding on our fears. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Let’s take control back and raise our own vibrations. We start with ourselves, then work together as a community, to make our lives and the world we live in better.
Here is how we start…
1. What makes you happy? What thoughts put a smile on your face? That, my friend starts the chemical change in our bodies! It’s as simple as that. Just the anticipation of something joyous starts raising our vibes.
2. Then we start laughing. Laughing is one of the best ways to raise vibrations. You might be thinking…Life sucks right now! Don’t feel like laughing…fake it! Our bodies can’t differentiate between real and fake laughter. Get together with one of your friends and start faking it. See how long it takes till they start laughing too. Due to the mirror neurons in our brains, laughter is contagious and they cant help but laugh along with you. So, you fake it till you make it real.
3. Get outside. Go for a walk in a park. Enjoy the birds in your yard. Take 5 minutes and watch the clouds. Hug a tree. Get in touch with nature in some form or fashion.
4. Turn on your favorite music, sing out loud and dance around your kitchen.
5. Think about what you do have to be Grateful for. Practice gratitude. Life may be really hard for some of us but remembering to be thankful or the friends, family and loved ones in our lives make us feel better.
6. Hang out with positive people or make new friends.
7. Just Breath! Take a moment and take 3 deep long breaths. The extra oxygen in our brains helps center and relax us. Try to remember to take the time to consciously breath each day.
Feeling better than you just did? Congratulations, you just raised your vibration!